Chris Rice Cooper

Chris Rice Cooper
Chris, September 18, 2017

Saturday, May 20, 2017

A poem on Mental Illness and the Rubber band Therapy . . .

Christal Cooper

* Poem and pencil drawing attributed to Christal Rice Cooper and copyright granted by Christal Rice Cooper.




Snap!

The rubber bands pull hairs from my wrists.
Dr. Conner told me the medicine
would never be enough
So each time the torment comes
I pull the rubber bands
way back and let go.
It hurts.  The torment goes away

for a moment.

Girl friends think my rubber bands are a statement.
They wear rainbow rubber bands
on their wrists.

Dr. Conner sees the bruises.
“You need to get rid of the rubber bands for awhile
so your wrists can heal.” 

I tell him no,
Little pain is the only thing that rids big pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment