Wednesday, January 23, 2019

#13 INSIDE THE EMOTION OF FICTION--Alexis Fancher's HIS FULL ATTENTION


*The images in this specific piece are granted copyright privilege by:  Public Domain, CCSAL, GNU Free Documentation Licenses, Fair Use Under The United States Copyright Law, or given copyright privilege by the copyright holder which is identified beneath the individual photo.

**Some of the links will have to be copied and then posted in your search engine in order to pull up properly

***The CRC Blog welcomes submissions from published and unpublished fiction genre writers for INSIDE THE EMOTION OF FICTION.  Contact CRC Blog via email at
caccoop@aol.com or personal Facebook messaging at https://www.facebook.com/car.cooper.7

****Alexis Fancher’s His Full Attention is the thirteenth in a never-ending series called INSIDE THE EMOTION OF FICTION where the Chris Rice Cooper Blog (CRC) focuses on one specific excerpt from a fiction genre and how that fiction writer wrote that specific excerpt.  All INSIDE THE EMOTION OF FICTION links are at the end of this piece. 








Name of fiction work? And were there other names you considered that you would like to share with us? “His Full Attention.” An earlier title was “The Spanish Lesson.”

Fiction genre?  Ex science fiction, short story, fantasy novella, romance, drama, crime, plays, flash fiction, historical, comedy,  etc. And how many pages long? Flash Fiction. 1,015 words (approx. 4 pages).

Has this been published? And it is totally fine if the answer is no.   If yes, what publisher and what publication date? 
Published online in RAGAZINE, Dec. 2017 and published in print in Café Reader, New Zealand, March, 2018
What is the date you began writing this piece of fiction and the date when you completely finished the piece of fiction? Begun on Oct. 20th, 2017. Finished on May 3rd, 2018.
Where did you do most of your writing for this fiction work?  And please describe in detail.  And can you please include a photo? I always write at my desktop computer in my studio. 

What were your writing habits while writing this work- did you drink something as you wrote, listen to music, write in pen and paper, directly on laptop; specific time of day? 
I always write in the early morning, 5 a.m. I’ve photographed the sunrise, done my morning meditation, and brewed a large mug of French Roast coffee. 
Then I go to work. I always write using a keyboard, either my iMac or my iPad, with a remote keyboard. When I’m traveling, I write on my iPhone. I never work longhand.
What is the summary of your fiction work? 
“His Full Attention” is the story of an eager, precocious, yet naive girl who hooks up with the wrong guy.

Please include excerpt and include page numbers as reference.  The excerpt can be as short or as long as you prefer.  

"I am newly seventeen, sick to death of my vanilla life, my womanhood a bravado with no foundation.  So when Eduardo kisses me, I open my mouth.  When he puts his hands on my breasts I help him take off my sweater.  I've fantasized this moment for years, hot sex with some dark, silent stranger who knows how to touch me."

Can you give the reader just enough information for them to understand what is going on in the excerpt? I think the excerpt is self-explanatory. :-)

Why is this excerpt so emotional for you?  And can you describe your own emotional experience of writing this specific excerpt?
Although I call this Flash Fiction, there is a huge element of truth in this piece. It’s a cautionary tale about what not to do. I knew I skated, that this “date” could indeed have ended as it does in the piece. I never put myself in that situation again.

Other works you have published?

Links to my books for sale on the web:











Anything you would like to add?   Although I’m known primarily as a poet, I have been branching out more and more into prose, at first with prose poems, and then short, flash, and micro fiction. The response has been encouraging, and my fiction has been published in literary magazines such as Blood Orange Review, Shark Reef, Cafe Reader, New Zealand, Ragazine and KYSO Flash. My illustrated novella-in-progress, MY CRIMINAL BOYFRIEND, will be finished in 2019.

Alexis Rhone Fancher is published in Best American Poetry 2016, Rattle, Hobart, Verse Daily, Plume, Tinderbox, Cleaver, Diode, and elsewhere. Her books include: How I Lost My Virginity to Michael Cohen…, State of Grace: The Joshua Elegies, Enter Here, and Junkie Wife. Next up?  The Dead Kid Poems, the follow up chapbook to State of Grace, which will be published in early 2019 by KYSO Flash Press, and EROTIC: New & Selected, which will be published in late 2019 by New York Quarterly. Alexis’s photographs are published worldwide, including the covers of Witness, Heyday, and Pithead Chapel, and spreads in River Styx and The Chiron Review. Since 2013 she has been nominated 22 times for the Pushcart Prize. Alexis is poetry editor of Cultural Weekly.

https://www.ragazine.cc/2017/11/alexis-rhone-fancherfiction/



INSIDE THE EMOTION OF FICTION links

001   11 15 2018 Nathaniel Kaine’s
Thriller Novel
John Hunter – The Veteran

002   11 18 2018 Ed Protzzel’s
Futuristic/Mystery/Thriller
The Antiquities Dealer 

003   11 23 2018 Janice Seagraves’s
Science Fiction Romance
Exodus Arcon

004   11 29 2018 Christian Fennell’s
Literary Fiction Novel
The Fiddler in the Night

005  12 02 2018 Jessica Mathews’s
Adult Paranormal Romance
Death Adjacent

006  12 04 2018 Robin Jansen’s
Literary Fiction Novel
Ruby the Indomitable

007  12 12 2018  Adair Valerez’s
Literary Fiction Novel
Scrim

008  12 17 218 Kit Frazier’s
Mystery Novel
Dead Copy

009 12 21 2019 Robert Craven’s
Noir/Spy Novel
The Road of a Thousand Tigers

010 01 13 2019 Kristine Goodfellow’s
Contemporary Romantic Fiction
The Other Twin

011 01 17 2019 Nancy J Cohen’s
Cozy Mystery
Trimmed To Death

012 01 20 2019 Charles Salzberg’s
Crime Novel
Second Story Man

013 Alexis Fancher’s
Flash Fiction
His Full Attention

No comments:

Post a Comment